Sorry that the weekly post is a bit late-we did a day trip yesterday with the family, so I’m running a bit behind on things!
First off–I want to encourage anyone in Vegas who is not yet vaccinated for COVID (who qualifies) to do so. I know some folks have had reservations, but cases are increasing rapidly here. If you’re not sure where to go, this page offers an easy guide for you to find a site.
Hope you’ll all mask up and stay safe out there!
- Poetry Reading of Off Boulder Highway by Jennifer Battisti. Saturday July 17th @ 2pm. Jennifer is a Las Vegas native who was named “Best Local Writer” by the readers of Desert Companion. Battisti was an ‘80s latchkey kid, now a mother, and transforms narrative into a pop-culture artifact filled with people as beautiful as they are broken.
- Westside Market, Saturday July 17th, 2pm-6pm, 690 West Lake Mead Blvd. N. Las Vegas, NV. Come out and support our local minority-owned businesses in a family-friendly environment! It’s also #KidEntrepreneurDay, and we will be highlighting a few amazing kid entrepreneurs. In addition, we will have a variety of vendors selling their products, along with music and a great vibe!
- Cool down with an Avocado Smootie at Tea Maison. Located at Spring Mountain and Arville, Tea Maison is open from 11am-11pm on weekends and has a huge selection of iced teas, milk teas, and fresh fruit teas.
- Take advantage of the Las Vegas YMCA’s personal training special, available July 1st – 31st. Purchase a 5 or 10 session package (or weekly package) and receive 10% off. Locations throughout the valley here.
- Saturday Snaps, Saturday July 17th at 7pm at SPCKRFT STUDIOS. Hosted by the lovely Darko (@sheisdarko), accompanied by fellow poet P Storyteller (@p_storyteller), with sound aesthetic supplied by DJ Space Ent (@djspacex___x) come down and experience a beautiful homage to Juneteenth and Pride month celebrating how far we have all come and how far we will continue to go as we expand ourselves and our communities through the realm of art. FYI tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the door.
Have a great weekend everyone!
You must be logged in to post a comment.