Thank you for stopping by!
Sober in Vegas is dedicated to exploring mindful activities, travel, arts, public events, hiking and things to do here in sin city that don’t revolve around alcohol.
I categorize posts as either sober-friendly (a coffee shop, event, or space that does serve alcohol, but alcohol isn’t the main focus) or alcohol-free (somewhere that doesn’t have alcohol for sale at all).
What this website isn’t:
- This site is not a replacement for doctoral advice and I make no claims to be a health care professional.
- Please seek the advice and help of a health professional if you feel you are suffering from alcohol abuse, addiction, or suicidal thoughts.
I’m a visual artist. Writer. Former theatre maker. Hiker. Mama. Introvert.
I examined my relationship with alcohol in December of 2014 and stopped drinking entirely a few months later.
Whether you’re sober, taking a break from drinking, travelling for business, pregnant, not drinking for health reasons, doing a dry month, designated driving, or just curious what alcohol-free looks like, this website is for you.
I should also mention that I don’t judge others. Everyone has the right to their own choices and some people don’t have issues with alcohol. I have many friends who still drink, and it doesn’t change my thoughts or feelings about them.
When not working or writing here on the blog, I spend most of my free time making art, thrifting, hiking, and exploring the city with my husband, daughter, and extended family.
Thank you for stopping by and happy sobering friends!
Podcast & Radio features with Kim of Sober in Vegas:
More of my writing:
More of my artwork:
Additional coverage featuring Kim of Sober in Vegas:
- Channel 8 News Now coverage of Sober in Vegas as part of a larger #sobercurious movement in Las Vegas
- Virgin Hotels “Sober in the City” guide for Las Vegas
- Ferguson’s Downtown Blog Feature “Rooted in Vegas”
- We Are In Good Company‘s #dryjanuary 2019 Feature
- 100 Days of Sober guest posts on sober travel and getting to know your hometown