Hope everyone is hanging in there in the heat–at least we’re down to a few double digit days this week!
I’m still out here chugging along, making art and continuing on the “Advice to Young Creatives” series. But I watned to start to incorporate something that I’ve been doing on the SIV Instagram since early 2018. Every week in my insta-stories I curate a handful of sober-friendly events and post them in a collection either on Thursday or Friday of things to do over the upcoming weekend.
I’ll still plan to do the insta-stories, but I thought it would be fun to choose 5 events for each upcoming weekend and compile them here for locals looking to do something fun or for folks who are visiting from out of town and looking to see what Vegas has to offer.
Hope you enjoy this new weekly update!
- SCHERZO by Rafael Guizado, a new translation by Gigi Guizado, directed by Sarah O’Connell in collaboration with London’s Out Of the Wings Festival. Friday 6/25 @ 7 PM & Saturday 6/26 @ 2 PM at the Winchester Dondero Cultural Center Theatre (3130 McLeod Dr, Las Vegas)
- Full Moon Reiki Meditation with Sanctuary Animals. Help support the animals at All Friends Animal Sanctuary and meditate under the full moon on Friday, 6/25 from 8pm-10pm. Meet the animals, hear their stories, and then be guided through an Animal Reiki meditation by Jamie Lee. 50% of the workshop fees goes to support All Friends Animal Sanctuary. No previous Reiki experience is required, but reservations are needed.
- Hike the Eagle’s Nest trail at Mt. Charleston. Eagles Nest is a moderately trafficked 2.7-mile (round trip) loop trail in the Kyle Canyon area of the SMNRA. Eagles Nest trail starts at the Fletcher Canyon trailhead, where parking and restrooms are available. Remember to bring more water than you think you’d need!
- Pride Skate Party and Picnic at Anthem Park, (2256 Reunion Dr, Henderson). Check out this cute and all inclusive Skate Night on June 26th @ 6pm! All skill levels and all wheels welcome. Bring your own blankets, skates, and snacks.
- Milk Tea at Tea of Joy (4240 Spring Mountain Rd Ste 102 Las Vegas). Cool down with one of their dozens of milk tea flavors and enjoy small bites such as parmesan fries, calamari, and fried tofu. They’re also open late on weekends (12am/1am) so it’s perfect for you sober night owls.
Have a great weekend everyone!