Wherever you are, I hope this post finds you safe.
I think we can all agree the past seven weeks have been full of ups, downs, highs, lows, tears, concern, hope, reflection, gratitude, fear, and everything in between.
I made the above mixed media collage “grieve this” as a response to the intense feelings I’ve been having since this started.
I’ve felt grief, guilt, fear, sadness, gratefulness, apathy, exhaustion, privilege, anger, sorrow, lonely, overwhelmed, ‘okay’, tired, motivated….the list goes on.
For whoever needs to hear it–you’re allowed to feel whatever it is you need to feel during this time.
It doesn’t give you permission to be an a*%hole, but you have permission to have a range of emotions during this time.
I wanted to also put together some resources for folks.
Some are sobriety related, some are mental health related, some are financial, some are creative, and some are just things that are making me happy during a time where it can be hard to find a smile.
Sobriety Related Online Support
Health and Fitness at Home
- How to Make a No-Sew Mask
- Yoga with Adrienne
- Bear Herbert: Social Disdancing Online Weekly Dance Party
- The Pheonix: Online Fitness Classes for folks in Recovery
- Hiking Responsibly During COVID-19
Mental Health Support
- Creative Capital: Coping with COVID: Centering Wellness and Self-Care for Creatives
- Lifeline Chat provided by the Suicide Hotline
- 7 Cups Online Therapy
- Mindful Magazine
- Employee Assistance Program
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Metta Hour Podcast
Financial Support and Education
- Creative Capital: Coping with COVID: Financial Implications for Creative Individuals
- National Consumer Law Center
- The Institute of Student Loan Advisors
- This is Uncomfortable Podcast
- Death Sex and Money Podcast
- Make Me Smart Podcast
- Artist Relief Project
- COVID-19 Freelance Creatives Resources
Nevada Specific Resources
- Clark County COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Vegas Strong Resiliency Center Resources
- The Center Las Vegas COVID-19 Resources Page
- UNLV’s compiled community COVID-19 Resources
- Three Square’s Food Bank
Other Random Things Making Me Happy During Hard Times
- Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Sporkful Podcast
- A Strange Loop winning the Pulitzer
- Never Have I Ever on Netflix
- Real Fun Wow Coloring Pages
- Container Gardening (for real y’all, I got peppers, tomatoes, and herbs coming in right now and it’s bringing me so much joy!)
- Sister Corita Kent
- Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Live Ocean and Animal Cams
Sending you all good thoughts–hang in there.