I was really hoping to get another “Sober Friendly Strip Tips” up today, but the weather here has been so terrible I haven’t been able to get my last round of pictures to finish it up.
The wind here has been strong–downing power lines, causing car accidents, and generally making anyone who lives here with even the slightest amount of allergies feel terrible…!
But, onwards and upwards.
And hopefully next week the I’ll get it up for you all!
In the meantime I thought I would just do a quick list of things making me happy, making me think, and making me feel from the past few weeks in case any of them strike your heart chords.
- Spoon’s new album Hot Thoughts is AMAZING. I’m a long time fan (I saw them for the first time back in 2001!) and every album they put out is solid–this one is no different. I think my two favorite songs are Pink Up and Tear It Down.
- The Hidden Brain podcast. Episode 65, Tunnel Vision, I found particularly amazing, thoughtful, and heartfelt.
- The Netflix Original Series Love Season 2. This show is humorous, delightfully cringe-worthy, and explores addiction in a very honest way through the character of Mickey.
- The book Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance. I’m about half-way through this book at the moment–it’s a really compassionate story of family, economic class, and identity.
As I head into the weekend I am also feeling a little under the weather with a cold/sore throat.
I’m trying to put together my ‘tool-box’ of things I can do to take care of myself when I start to feel sick…so far my regiment includes:
- Epson Salt Baths
- Kicking the cats out of the room at night so we can sleep better
- Lemon Ginger Tea with Raw Honey
- Smoothies with lots of ginger and fresh fruit
- Setting aside time to nap
- Soup. Lots of Soup.
What is on your list of things that make you feel better when you start to feel a cold coming on?